Green Business - Rochester, NY area
Find Green Jobs, NewsLinks, Resources and much more about transitioning Rochester area businesses into environmentally friendly places.
Page Contents: Green Business Newslinks for our area |Discussions | Green Education | Green News | Get a Green Job | Green Job Blogs| Green Grants |Jobs in Renewable Energy | Essays on Green Business |
One of the great positive aspects of our environmental problems is that business can and should be a part of making our environment more sustainable. This page monitors the green business news and green job opportunities as our business community adopts more green practices and environmental entrepreneurship grows in the Rochester, New York area.
Also, as the talk continues on the creation of green jobs using federal stimulus monies (our tax bucks), we continue to monitor and drill through these articles to find that Rochester-area green job with will get you and me employed and our environment sustainable.
* In the Green Business world, what is green? What can you say in your ads about being green?Find out the updated rules: Environmental Marketing Companies are offering consumers an ever-growing assortment of “green" options. But whether your environmental claims are about the product or the packaging, you'll need competent and reliable scientific evidence to support what you say. Find out more by consulting the FTC's revised Green Guides. Bureau of Consumer Protection
Breaking Green Business Tips:
- You’re a student or newcomer to Rochester, NY and you’re interested in a green career. Go here: Living Green or Green Business. I often get asked by students or someone coming into this area where can they find a green job or what kinds of things can they do to help our environment and get the credentials they need for a green career. The two pages—Living Green and Green Business—have exhaustive information for you to check out. Also, internships are critical for students. . I suggest you think of an internship with New York State Some local college students are already going to intern with NYSERDA. Try the DEC for internships. Any of these would be invaluable. And, most importantly connect with the folks who do have green careers and want to help you in any way to get going green at these monthly casual meeting: February Green Drinks Thur, Feb 19: 5:30-7:30pm Lento 274 N Goodman St Opportunity to meet Students, Alumni, Community Members, Green Business Industry Business Owners, Entrepreneurs & Educators. Food & Cash Bar provided by Lento. Sponsored by SUNY Empire State College, Neighborhood of the Arts Business Association, Center for Environmental Initiatives & Upstate Green Business Network Green Drinks is a monthly networking event where people in the environmental field & the sustainably minded meet over drinks in an informal setting to exchange ideas, find out who’s doing what & spread the word on what you’re doing, find employment leads & make new friends. www.alumni.esc.edu/events/
- Learn Grant Writing. Any groups or companies that want to be greener will always want a good grant writer because this is where public and private funds for making businesses more energy efficient and environmentally sustainable exist.
* Got Green Job ideas for the Rochester, NY area Contact me and I'll post them here. FrankRegan@RochesterEnvironment.com
Critical sites to check often on new Green Job opportunities:
- Do you have something to say about our environment? Have you figured out the video function on your cell phone? Enter Rochester’s FFFF. The Fast Forward Film Festival, what a unique and fund chance for you, or your group, to message concerns about our environment that are not being addressed by local media. FFFF “The Fast Forward Film Festival (FFFF) invites emerging and established filmmakers from the greater Rochester area to submit to the inaugural Fast Forward Film Festival. As an incubator for innovative thinking and artistic expression, FFFF encourages films that tap into the local experience and compel audiences to engage with the community and raise environmental awareness.”
- 'Job Express' seems to be the place to find jobs. Look in Finger Lakes region. Maybe some jobs in Green Business: Jobs Express - New York State Department of Labor Job Openings in New York State Below are current job openings in New York's 10 regional economies. New Yorkers can view the region they live in, see which industries are growing and find out what jobs are available in that economic sector. Job opening numbers are updated frequently.
- Do you want a job that helps the environment? Sure, who doesn’t? Here’s a comprehensive online places you should begin your green job search: The Top 25 Green Business Blogs "Over the past decade or so, environmental concerns started swelling from a fringe movement to mainstream awareness. And this growing consciousness means growing pressure on purveyors of goods and services to follow suit and ensure their businesses show Mother Earth a little love and tenderness. Unsurprisingly, everyone has something to say on the subject at hand, and eco-friendly corporations (or those hoping to someday become eco-friendly) would do well to follow the news and views that could very well change things in time. For those who enjoy soaking up opinions and stories in the blog format, the following reads will prove worth their time and consideration. " MBA
- New York State Department of Labor - | GOV SITE - GOVERNOR PATERSON REQUIRES NEW STIMULUS JOBS TO BE POSTED ON PUBLIC WEBSITE Site Will Make New Jobs More Accessible to New Yorkers Governor’s Request Furthers Transparency in Stimulus Spending Governor David A. Paterson today announced that every firm that the State hires with American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds is required to post any jobs created by these funds to the New York State Job Bank, which can be accessed at www.labor.ny.gov. --New York State Department of Labor - Looking For A Job
- Help for Businesses - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation Across New York State we see examples that prove that businesses that employ sound environmental decisions in their operations are the strongest, most successful enterprises around. Whether you need help with a permit application (contact the appropriate Regional Permit Administrator), or are interested in finding ways to make your business more green (contact Allan Geisendorfer, DEC's designee to the Pollution Prevention and Environmental Compliance Coordinating Council, by email or phone 518-402-9469), building a partnership with DEC early in the process is the best way to achieve a successful outcome: one that's good for the environment and great for your bottom line. --from New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Keep checking on this new site being offered by the state for finding green jobs: Green Careers New York This web site is a portal to help visitors find information on a variety of “green” topics. You'll find information about green jobs and careers, how to get green training, and incentives for going green. Each section of the portal is designed to meet the needs of a particular type of person. Choose the one that best describes you, and start learning about green!
- Green Jobs | New York State Senate Green Jobs/ Green Homes NY is a landmark job creation program that pays for itself through energy savings and the revitalization of conomically distressed communities. It will create 14,000 family-sustaining jobs while significantly reducing energy costs for an estimated 1 million homes and business, curtailing the dangerous effect of greenhouse emissions on the environment. Green Jobs/ Green Homes NY GJ/GNY doesn’t take any money out of the state budget; it save homeowners money on their utility bills and creates thousands of jobs that bring money into the local economy.
- Good Jobs First Good Jobs First is a national policy resource center for grassroots groups and public officials, promoting corporate and government accountability in economic development and smart growth for working families. We provide timely, accurate information on best practices in state and local job subsidies, and on the many ties between smart growth and good jobs. Good Jobs First works with a very broad spectrum of organizations, providing research, training, communications and consulting assistance.
- Workforce Development Institute (WDI) The Workforce Development Institute (WDI) is committed to improving the lives of working families across New York State, providing programs in workforce intelligence, economic development, training and education, cultural enrichment, family support, and disabled and dislocated worker services. WDI also provides economic and public policy research. WDI recognizes that globalization and new technologies are transforming the economy and redefining how and where the workforce operates. WDI is a leader in facing these challenges, addressing the redesign, organization, and implementation of employment-related services in New York State.
As the window of opportunities opens further I'll post what I can find out:
- Green Jobs right out of the box Green jobs are the new hot jobs. Opportunities for employment are opening up as a paradigm shift in the job market develops. You can get a sense of the dramatic shift in thinking about green jobs by reading how businesses are getting it: Amazon.com: Good to Green: Managing Business Risks and… Where recently only environmental engineer (janitor) opportunities populated the job boards, now you see: building retrofitting, renewable energy generation, alternative transportation , energy efficiency, green construction, energy trading, energy and carbon capture and storage, environment protection, agriculture and forestry, green manufacturing, recycling and waste reduction, and governmental and regulatory administration. more...
- Drive the Markets Green! Upon retiring, the value of a budget looms large in my life. Suddenly, with a fixed income, how I spend each and every penny has become an obsession. No more: “want more, work more.” Now, I think “Do I really need it?” The Great Recession, this financial collapse we’re living though, has steeled my resolve to question all my purchases. I now equate the price of the stuff to the work I must do to pay for it. I now question whether the ‘stuff’ is worth it in the first place. It makes me wonder where our stricken economy is going if the majority are seriously pinching their pennies. more...
- We all know businesses are going green, learning about their companies affect on our environment and that consumers are very interested that who they do business with are environmentally friendly. But, some companies are going greenwashing. What is greenwashing and who is doing it? The EnviroMedia Greenwashing Index "Everyone’s heard the expression “whitewashing” — it’s defined as “a coordinated attempt to hide unpleasant facts, especially in a political context.” “Greenwashing” is the same premise, but in an environmental context. It’s greenwashing when a company or organization spends more time and money claiming to be “green” through advertising and marketing than actually implementing business practices that minimize environmental impact. It’s whitewashing, but with a green brush."
- Green Business As Usual Depending on your point of view, the Recession is either chugging along nicely (though cruelly) or it’s showing signs of a cascading collapse. Meaning, the banks we bailed out last year are thriving and many businesses are holding on, but job loss is dreadful. “The pace of layoffs has slowed sharply in recent months, but businesses still cut 85,000 net jobs in December, the Labor Department said.” (U.S. job loss report is blow to still-fragile recovery 1/09/10- washingtonpost.com) All these job losses make you wonder how we are going to recover our economy. Who is going to buy all that stuff from businesses if most of us are broke, can’t get loans, and are losing our houses? We could ask the rich (who horde a wildly disproportional share of the wealth in our country) to go out and spend more money. But, how many sneakers can even a rich person wear? more...
- Our Environment and Our Jobs: What we don't know and what we want to know. What we know is that our environment and our economy (most critical our local economy) are in trouble. We know that the previous presidential administration was dismissive of our environmental problems and didn’t quite believe in anthropogenic climate change. We know that the present Obama administration ‘get’s it’ on our environment and intends to both right our environment and our economy.
- Find that Green Job in Rochester, NY. First, Full Disclosure: I have a personal stake in finding a green job. I'm looking for a worthwhile part-time green job and I am willing to share anything I can find out about this until I get and green job and well after I find one. I want everyone who is out of a job to find a green job. Help yourself, help a friend, help our environment. So, find a Green Job in Rochester, NY area: Green Business Jobs Rochester, NY environmental jobs Rochester RochesterEnvironment.com - Green Jobs - This is merely a laundry list of possible job search sites that might lead you to a green job. I have not vetted these sites, except to check them for a green job (and I haven’t found one) so I cannot say if one is better than another. more...
- Green Jobs for the common folks? Lots of the federal stimulus money coming to our state. How much is going to green jobs to make our environment more sustainable? The figures are coming in and it’s clear, our government is inordinately fond of highways. more...
- The Recovery | Green Jobs This just in from NYS. Good service to subscribe to if your interested in the road ahead for the formulation of green jobs. more...
- Green Jobs – We’re Hearing Things... You can discuss all day long about what a ‘green job’ is and some have (Green Jobs - A GLOBE-Net Perspective), but mostly it’s an occupation that employs while making our way of life sustainable. Let’s not get too ivory tower about this notion as people are desperately looking for job now and, as a concept in progress, it matters little if today’s blue collar job, with a little retro-fitting, becomes tomorrow’s green job. Bigger changes to the job market are coming. more...
- Green Jobs: Position Yourself! Much of the news and information about green jobs (still) seems like hype: Lots of cheerleading, but few actual green ‘shovel-ready’ work opportunities. As one who has been following this thread myself for some time, it does seem like a highly inflated exuberance over an employment market that has yet to be. But, I believe ‘seems’ is the operative word here. more...
Get Green Training for that Green Job
Increasingly, there are more online resources for job training,
teacher training for their students, and a variety of services
for all sectors of the new job market. It gets complicated
because there is no simple answer to the question: “Where are
the green jobs in our area and how to I get them.”
- Green Grants Ok, there’s probably no grants specifically labeled ‘green.’ And admittedly, there’s not anything particularly new or fresh about the field of grant writing worth noting: It still involves long hours of research, tedious and meticulous fact checking, and (at least from the grant writer’s side) it’s a crap shoot. more...
- Could we be the new Green Leaders? Could our region be leading the way to clean up Brownfields and creating sites for renewable Energy? Green Shoots from Brown Fields: Scientific American Uncle Sam looks to eliminate the biggest hurdle to expanding renewable energy--the need for suitable sites to place commercial-scale wind and solar farms--by reusing hundreds of old mines, landfills and industrial sites When the Bethlehem Steel mill in Lackawanna, N.Y., finally shut its doors for good eight years ago, it took away thousands of jobs and left behind a polluted and unsightly mess. Science News, Articles and Information | Scientific American more...
- How to position yourself for that Green Job: How to Find Training for a Green Job - PayScale Resources The green economy is coming – some say it's already arrived – and around the country new types of careers and programs that offer short training for green jobs are popping up rapidly, while old jobs are changing to align with sustainable practices. Green services and products are already in demand, and workforce development experts agree that this movement is going to have enormous impact on jobs of every level. “This will affect all areas of the economy in ways we are only beginning to find out,” says Julian L. Alssid, executive director of Workforce Strategy Center (WSC), an East Coast-based organization that consults with economic development agencies and educational institutions to help state and regional economies grow. “If we do this well, green will become a part of every job.” --from PayScale - Salary Comparison, Salary Survey, Wages
- Tracking those Green Jobs: How many jobs have created using Federal Stimulus monies in Monroe County? Zip, as of this posting. Check it out and keep track here: AP News : LimaOhio.com
Increasingly, there are more online resources for job training, teacher training for their students, and a variety of services for all sectors of the new job market. It gets complicated because there is no simple answer to the question: “Where are the green jobs in our area and how to I get them.” In my view, there is a paradigm shift in our economy which will be the sustainability component that ripples through all jobs. Teachers, students, job hunter, employers, government, everyone will have to have a greater knowledge about our environment and how to develop skill that have a green component to thrive in the new economy. These are the latest links in beginning your search to the interrelationships between education, training, and finding that green job.
- What is a Green Job? Green Careers Resource Guide By Jim Cassio This free e-book on green and environmental careers began in 2007 as a conference handout for career and workforce development professionals. Before long, however, it was being used by students and career explorers of all types who were interested in finding meaningful work to match their green values. Updated quarterly. Answers such questions as: What is a green career? Where are the green jobs? What industries? What occupations can lead to green jobs?
- RIT - Golisano Institute for Sustainability "The 1987 “Our Common Future” report of the World Commission on Environment and Development defines sustainable development as development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Simply stated, a sustainable process is one which can be carried out over and over without negative environmental effects, such as air and water pollution, solid waste, and biodegradation which lead to larger, global problems including climate change and destruction of natural resources. "
- The Upstate Green Business Network, a program of the Center for Environmental Information, is a network of businesses, institutions and organizations that share a mutual concern for the state of our environment. Our aim is to demonstrate that by integrating environmental criteria into decision making, businesses can become more competitive -- at the same time as doing what is right for the environment.
- Rochester Green Living Rochester Green Living is a 501c3 non profit entity and a project of the Center for Sustainable Living. Our goal is to act as a forum for the public to add to, speak & learn about all things sustainable and how it can be done through community cooperation. Our teachings through hands-on green building workshops will help lower the environmental impact of the homes and lives of those living in the greater Rochester area. To reach our goals we will work with local universities, officials and other community-based organizations to provide workshops in sustainability, create & promote local green events, green collar jobs, a free local resource in sustainable information and create connections to other green businesses/groups throughout New York. We hope we will be the first stop on your journey to a deeper understanding of sustainability.
- Rochester Green Living - Grass roots activists committed to a sustainable Rochester Grass roots activists committed to a sustainable Rochester
- Environmental Education Associates "Environmental Education Associates (EEA) is a full service environmental training provider offering the following certifications; Asbestos Abatement, accredited though the New York Health Department (NYSDOH) Asbestos Safety Training Program, which is an US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved accreditation agency. Lead Hazard Control, accredited through the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Section 402 for the States of Alaska, Florida, Idaho, New York, New Mexico and South Carolina as well as Tribal Lands in Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regions 2 & 10.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County - Welcome... Cornell Cooperative Extension of Monroe County was recognized by the Youth Services Quality Council at their December 2007 Annual Breakfast, with the Organization Quality Award of the Year. CCE was given the award for their active involvement with the work of the Youth Services Quality Council and commitment to quality service for youth and families in our community.
- New York Energy $mart(SM) NYSERDA's residential programs are programs that work - programs that help homeowners and renters reduce their energy costs; programs that help multifamily building owners provide energy-efficient apartments for their tenants; programs that reduce the impact homes have on the environment; and programs that provide training to contractors on how to provide quality energy efficiency services to their neighbors.
- Building a green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty — Green For All Green For All is a national organization dedicated to building an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty. By advocating for local, state and federal commitment to job creation, job training, and entrepreneurial opportunities in the emerging green economy – especially for people from disadvantaged communities – Green For All fights both poverty and pollution at the same time.
- ACEEE - American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency as a means of promoting economic prosperity, energy security, and environmental protection. ACEEE carries out its mission by Conducting in-depth technical and policy analyses Advising policymakers and program managers Working collaboratively with businesses, government officials, public interest groups, and other organizations Convening conferences and workshops, primarily for energy efficiency professionals Assisting and encouraging the media to cover energy efficiency policy and technology issues Educating businesses and consumers through our reports, books, conference proceedings, media outreach, and Web site
- NYSACTE NYSACTE is the advocate for Career and Technical Education, an integral part of the total education system in New York.
- BOCES of NYS In 1948 the New York State legislature created Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) to provide shared educational programs and services to school districts within the state. Today there are 37 BOCES, incorporating all but nine of the state’s 721 school districts. BOCES partner with districts to provide a broad range of services that help meet the evolving educational needs of students.
- Monroe BOCES 2 Eleven area high schools send over 1,000 students to the WE-MO-CO Career and Technical Education Center at BOCES 2 where they receive hands-on training and learn employable skills in 33 different courses in arts and humanities, business/information systems, engineering, mechanical technologies, manufacturing, and health and human services.
- Monroe #1 BOCES Green Courses Several fields of study designed for that Green career -from MonroeBOCES1
- Focus on - Energy Smart Schools Program A productive learning environment is a safe and comfortable space. It has an abundance of natural light and ventilation, efficient equipment, and sustainable operations that increase comfort while saving money. --from New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- "NYSUT.org ." NYSUT: A Union of Professionals. www.nysut.org NYSUT is more than 600,000 people who work in, or are retired from, New York's schools, colleges, and healthcare facilities. We are classroom teachers, college and university faculty and professional staff, school bus drivers, custodians, secretaries, cafeteria workers, teacher assistants and aides, nurses and healthcare technicians.
- The United Federation of Teachers - A Union of Professionals The UFT, which represents more than 228,000 people, is the sole bargaining agent for most of the non-supervisory educators who work in the New York City public schools. It represents approximately 89,700 teachers and 17,900 classroom paraprofessionals, along with school secretaries, attendance teachers, guidance counselors, psychologists, social workers, education evaluators, nurses, laboratory technicians, adult education teachers and 53,000 retired members.
- The Long Island Works Coalition The Long Island Works Coalition is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 that prepares today's students for tomorrow's workforce. The Long Island Works Coalition builds collaborative relationships among employers, workers, and the educational community (kindergarten through college). It is an inclusive organization helping to prepare students and graduates for full participation in the economic and social fabric of the region.
- WECA WECA is a New York State organization that promotes work-based learning programs for all students under the auspices of the State Education Department and the Career Development and Occupational Studies Framework. Our members comprise a wide range of school and business professionals who work collaboratively to engage students in relevant, "real world" learning opportunities ranging from career awareness to career exploration and career development.
- Bachelors of Science » Search 320+ Online Bachelors of Science Degrees "Bachelorsofscience.com was created in 2009 by Aileen Stillman. I created this site as a former biology undergraduate student and later doctoral candidate who wanted to help potential students, in particular other women, explore the Bachelor of Science degree. I quickly realized there are no decent websites on the internet that provide students with a list of schools that offer the program after trying to direct women I was counseling as to their degree options. After spending time on campus websites and researching what schools offered, I decided to make a site that had all the information in one place. "
- Environmental Science Degree » List of Accredited Environmental Science Degree Programs "Definition of Environmental Science Degree When obtaining an environmental science degree, students study the relationship between humans and the world around them, both living and nonliving. Human population is growing rapidly, along with lifestyles and climate. Working towards an environmental science degree, students learn how humans will adapt and grow with these significant changes in coming decades. You also study new resources and environmental changes that are affecting traditional resources such as water and fuel. "
RochesterWorks! "The RochesterWorks! System stimulates local economic growth by providing outstanding employment, education, support, and training services."
- Allegheny Educational Systems, Inc. Allegheny Educational Systems has become Pennsylvania's leading provider of technology related educational programs. Since 1979, our mission is to provide the most comprehensive and effective educational solutions for all of our customers. We dedicate ourselves to providing the best solutions available to assist educators in molding today's students into tomorrow's skilled professionals.
- Classroom Inc | Home is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving reading and math skills for middle and high school students.
- The Cloud Institute for Sustainability Education The mission of The Cloud Institute is to ensure the viability of sustainable communities by leveraging changes in K-12 school systems to prepare young people for the shift toward a sustainable future.
- New York State Hospitality & Tourism Association - NYSH&TA Realizing the challenges of working while achieving an education, the Foundation offers scholarships to full-time and part-time students majoring in a hospitality related field. These include both college students and high school students, who are either working at member properties, or are dependents of employees working at member properties. The Foundation awards scholarships to three students each year.
- Welcome to PBS TeacherLine® New York As the leader in educational professional development, PBS TeacherLine New York provides all the flexibility of Internet-based courses, plus a host of other advantages you can't find anywhere else.
- Pearson School: Home Pearson is the world's leading PreK-20 educational publishing company, dedicated to working with educators to change the way America thinks. We create educational materials for learners of every age. By understanding what it takes to succeed at the college level and beyond, Pearson is able to design educational materials that teach students at every level how to prepare for the challenges they will face in the 21st century.
- Graduate courses, professional development and resources for educators - Welcome to PLS! We strive to provide children with the best-trained teachers in the world.
- Tequipment :: Tequipment provides a full range of classroom technology and professional development services. Tequipment is the largest provider of SMART products not only in New York State, but in all of North America. We provide continuous support from the initial planning of your purchase, through delivery, installation and set-up. In addition, our TeqSmart Training division offers a wide range of professional development programs.
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program :: The ASVAB was developed by the U.S. Department of Defense. The ASVAB Career Exploration Program was developed with input from a panel of career development experts and designed to encourage students to increase their level of self-knowledge and to understand how that information could be linked to civilian and military occupational characteristics.
- CTE Resource Center - Home Questar III opened the New York State Career and Technical Education Resource Center (CTE Resource Center) office on June 27, 2005. "As the state's only CTE Resource Center, the organization will work with the New York State Education Department to coordinate a number of initiatives to bolster student achievement statewide", said Katherine Schadewald, Executive Director of the CTE Resource Center.
- EMSC:NYSED The Office of Elementary, Middle, Secondary, and Continuing Education and the Office of Higher Education make up the P-16 education structure of the State Education Department, which was put in place by the Board of Regents to raise achievement from Pre-kindergarten through college and to close performance gaps.
Building a green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty — Green For All Green For All is a national organization dedicated to building an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty. By advocating for local, state and federal commitment to job creation, job training, and entrepreneurial opportunities in the emerging green economy – especially for people from disadvantaged communities – Green For All fights both poverty and pollution at the same time.
Stay current on the latest developments on the green Job marker here-- Other sources for green job news
- GreenBiz.com - Daily News on Green Business, Business and Climate Change and Sustainable Business Practices our flagship site, our flagship site, is the leading resource on how to align environmental responsibility with business success. We provide daily news, tools, and resources to corporate executives and sustainability directors at large and small businesses through a combination of websites, electronic newsletters, online events, briefing papers, and other means. GreenBiz.com®, offers more than 8,000 resources, including news stories, reports, blogs, checklists, case studies, and links to best practices, organizations, technical assistance programs, government agencies, and recognition programs. GreenBiz.com's newsletter, Greenbuzz, is delivered weekly and reaches over 50,000 readers.
- The Pew Charitable Trusts - Non Profit Organization Serving the Public The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today's most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and stimulate civic life.
- COWS- Center on Wisconsin Strategy:
Welcome to COWS A new monthly publication that provides a
snapshot of Wisconsin's job picture and reports on key recession
trends5MillionGreenJobs.com, the 1st US Green jobs social network, was created to address the Who, What, Where, When, Why and How of building a Green economy- We've got the solution and we invite you to join U.S.
- Syracuse Center of Excellence - Syracuse Center of Excellence SyracuseCoE is a federation of firms, organizations, and institutions that creates innovations to improve health, productivity, security, and sustainability in built and urban environments.
- Green America Business Network - Green Business News, Networking, Advice, Benefits, Advertising, and more. The Green Business Network™ is the green business program of Green America, the nation's leading non-profit educator on socially and environmentally responsible consumption and investing. Green America’s mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, businesses and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. We provide the economic strategies, resources and organizing power to make lasting, systemic change on a range of critical issues faced today, including renewable energy, fair trade, sweatshops and forest protection.
- U.S. DOE Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) Home Page
- Green Business News | Reuters.com.
- Environmental News Network -- Know Your Environment
- Sustainable Business, Green Business, Renewable Energy, Organic & Green Investing, Green Capital Sustainable businesses offer products and services that fulfill society's needs while contributing to the well-being of all earth's inhabitants. Sustainable businesses operate across all business sectors: energy efficiency and renewable energy generation, water and wastewater treatment, resource-efficient industrial processes, advanced materials, transportation and agriculture. They create products and services that compete on price and performance while significantly reducing humankind's impact on the environment.
- NRDC: Green Business NRDC Resources for Businesses Watching out for the environment is good for your bottom line. --from NRDC: Natural Resources Defense Council - The Earth's Best Defense
- Greenwire -- The Leader in Energy Environmental Policy News "Environment & Energy Publishing (E&E) is the leading source for comprehensive, daily coverage of environmental and energy policy and markets. E&E's four daily online publications are considered "must-reads" by people who track and influence energy, environmental and climate policy. "
- SmartPlanet - We Make You Smarter - People, Business & Technology "Welcome to SmartPlanet.com. CBS Interactive has unveiled a new website dedicated to people who realize the need to make our world a better place to live, for all of us, and for generations to come. At SmartPlanet.com, you will find thought-provoking progressive ideas on diverse topics that intersect with technology, business, and life, and matter to the world at large. Whether you are making technology decisions for your business, or eco-conscious decisions for your home, SmartPlanet.com will give you the 360° coverage you need to feel informed and connected to the news and information that matters to you. Our content, and that from our partners, will help you stay ahead of the curve and recognize innovative and practical opportunities for your lives and your businesses. "
- Triple Pundit - Green Business News "Triple Pundit is an innovative new-media company for the business community that cultivates awareness and understanding of the triple bottom line. We provide expert editorial coverage and group discussions on sustainable business in the 21st century. "
My recycling bins for recycling day. Photo by Frank J. Regan.Green Jobs right out of the box
Green jobs are the new hot jobs. Opportunities for employment are opening up as a paradigm shift in the job market develops. You can get a sense of the dramatic shift in thinking about green jobs by reading how businesses are getting it: Amazon.com: Good to Green: Managing Business Risks and… Where recently only environmental engineer (janitor) opportunities populated the job boards, now you see: building retrofitting, renewable energy generation, alternative transportation , energy efficiency, green construction, energy trading, energy and carbon capture and storage, environment protection, agriculture and forestry, green manufacturing, recycling and waste reduction, and governmental and regulatory administration. more...
(Above scripts from Dynamic Drive)
Places online to find job in our area: This list began from my own search online for environmental jobs and though there are a lot of sites, it's not going to be easy to sift through the mountains of jobs, scams, promotions, education opportunities disguised as jobs, etc.
- Green Careers New York This web site is a portal to help visitors find information on a variety of “green” topics. You'll find information about green jobs and careers, how to get green training, and incentives for going green. Each section of the portal is designed to meet the needs of a particular type of person. Choose the one that best describes you, and start learning about green!
- Places to look for the federal green jobs here in New York State
from the Stimulus package
- HUD Information Related to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 The Recovery Act includes $13.61 billion for projects and programs administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, nearly 75 percent of which was allocated to state and local recipients on February 25, 2009 – only eight days after President Obama signed the Act into law. Recovery Act investments in HUD programs will be not just swift, but also effective: they will generate tens of thousands of jobs, modernize homes to make them energy efficient, and help the families and communities hardest hit by the economic crisis. The remaining 25 percent of funds will be awarded via competition in the coming months. Additional guidance on the implementation of all funds will be routinely provided on this website.
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority "New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) is a public benefit corporation created in 1975 under Article 8, Title 9 of the State Public Authorities Law through the reconstitution of the New York State Atomic and Space Development Authority. NYSERDA’s earliest efforts focused solely on research and development with the goal of reducing the State’s petroleum consumption. Subsequent research and development projects focused on topics including environmental effects of energy consumption, development of renewable resources, and advancement of innovative technologies. "
- Recovery and Reinvestment Act The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was signed by President Barack Obama on February 17, 2009. This legislation provides a nearly $800 billion boost to the American Economy. Approximately $374 billion is for programs that directly impact our State and New York is expected to receive $26.7 billion of that funding. The programs include funding for Medicaid, Education, Infrastructure and “shovel-ready” projects throughout New York State.
- Center for Environmental Information
(CEI) The Center for Environmental Information (CEI) is a private,
nonprofit, educational organization, founded in Rochester, New York,
in 1974. CEI provides information and communication services, publications,
and educational programs in order to: Advance public understanding
of environmental issues; Act as a communication link among scientists,
educators, decision makers and the public; Advocate informed action
based on the free exchange of information and ideas.
- CEI: Rochester Green Business Network The Rochester Green Business Network, a program of the Center for Environmental Information, is a network of businesses, institutions and organizations that share a mutual concern for the state of our environment. Our aim is to demonstrate that by integrating environmental criteria into decision making, businesses can become more competitive -- at the same time as doing what is right for the environment.
The Blue Green Alliance is a national partnership of labor unions and environmental organizations dedicated to expanding the number and quality of jobs in the green economy. Launched by the Sierra Club and United Steelworkers in 2006, BGA has since grown to include CWA, NRDC, LIUNA and SEIU — uniting more than six million people in pursuit of good jobs, a clean environment and a green economy
- Voluntary Partnerships Programs | Partnerships | US EPA Partnership programs enable flexible, collaborative, market-driven solutions that can deliver measurable environmental results. That's why we work with businesses, communities, state and local governments, and other organizations. This area of the EPA site provides information on our array of partnership programs and describes the benefits of joining.
- Blue Green Alliance - Good Jobs, Clean Environment, Green Economy "The Blue Green Alliance is a national partnership of labor unions and environmental organizations dedicated to expanding the number and quality of jobs in the green economy. With partners USW, Sierra Club, CWA, NRDC, LIUNA and SEIU, the Blue Green Alliance is uniting more than six million people in pursuit of good jobs, a clean environment and a green economy."
- New York State Pollution Prevention Program (NYSP2I) The New York State Pollution Prevention Institute (NYSP2I) is headquartered at Rochester Institute of Technology(RIT) and is a partnership between RIT, Clarkson University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, University at Buffalo and the 10 NYS Regional Technology Development Centers.
- US Green Building Council (USGBC) Upstate Chapter "The mission of the New York Upstate Chapter of the USGBC is to provide an unparalleled opportunity to accelerate change and help shape the future of green building practices in Upstate New York. The U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter promotes environmentally responsible, healthy and profitable places to live and work. Through a variety of activities, the Chapter helps initiate, develop and implement green building concepts and technologies."
- E, the Environmental Magazine: Current Issue - 10 Great Green Opportunities (By Brita Belli, Kathryn Gutlebar, Julia Hirsch, Jesica Knoblauch, Shawn Query)
Green Collar Job Board - Sustain Lane- It contains hundreds of job listings from across the country, targeting employment opportunities that enhance sustainability.
These include green jobs in traditional organizations and traditional jobs in green organizations -- from alternative energy specialists and LEED building construction workers to landscape architects and administrative positions at green companies and environmentally-focused non-profits.
In addition to hundreds of job openings, SustainLane’s green job board features tips and in-depth articles on: ·
Breaking into the growing green job sector; · Greening the job you have; · Emerging trends in the green collar economy.
Places online to find job in our area: This list began from my own search online for environmental jobs and though there are a lot of sites, it's not going to be easy to sift through the mountains of jobs, scams, promotions, education opportunities disguised as jobs, etc.
- Stopdodo - Global Portal for Environmental Jobs & Resumes We thought it would be a good idea to create a global site that was free to advertise & search environmental jobs and free to list & search environmental resumes. That way the money is kept in conservation and environmental protection for the benefit of our planet!
- MYGreen Education and Career » Renewable Energy the Green Economy Job Opportunities Comments Feed At MYGreenEducation and Career we specialize in Renewable Energy Technology and are focused on contributing to the Global Movement to a Green Economy. We can help you with choosing a green education, career and employer.
- The August Group "The August Group is a volunteer organization committed to retain local talent in the Greater Rochester area by facilitating career and business networking for professionals, both employed and those seeking new or different employment."
- NYPIRG The New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG) is New York State's largest student-directed consumer, environmental and government reform organization. We are a nonpartisan, not-for-profit group established to effect policy reforms while training students and other New Yorkers to be advocates. | Positions Available with NYPIRG
- RochesterWorks! "The RochesterWorks! System stimulates local economic growth by providing outstanding employment, education, support, and training services."
- RocJobs.com | Find Jobs in Rochester, NY | Help Wanted in Monroe County | Job Board for Rochester New York | Post a Job for Just $29.95
- Job Openings — ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability USA "More and more local governments are seeking qualified candidates for climate- and sustainability-related jobs. This Job Openings section of the ICLEI USA Action Center will be a hub of job postings for energy, climate and sustainability jobs at the local government level." - from Local Action Moves the World — ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability USA
- All Environmental Jobs in Rochester, NY | Indeed.com
- Job Board -from Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
- HR : Jobs Cornell University was founded in Ithaca, NY, in 1865 with a revolutionary aim--to educate students, without regard to race, gender, religion, or wealth, in a community where all forms of knowledge would be explored. --Cornell University
- Environmental Consulting Services in Upstate New York (NY) on ThomasNet.com This industrial directory contains a broad range of Environmental Consultants companies serving all industries. This premier and trusted vertical directory contains manufacturers, distributors and service companies giving access to all their information available on the internet.
- Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. - Home Through the use of state-of-the art statistical principles in the design, conduct and analysis of ecological field studies, WEST, Inc. specialize in a common sense, defensible, and professional approach to the solution of natural resource problems facing government and industry. WEST has a permanent core of ecologists and biometricians with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data. This unique blend of disciplines and our years of experience in both areas allow us to provide original solutions to a wide range of natural resource issues. WEST also has broad experience creating interdisciplinary teams from an extensive network of associates, providing expertise tailored for individual client needs.
- Staffing Agency - Staffing Services from Aerotek
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences Jobs - CareerZone "CareerZone is an innovative online career exploration and planning system designed especially for today's high-tech youth in New York State. CareerZone presents current and relevant occupational and labor market Information in a clear and interesting way, making career exploration and planning fun and easy."
- Green Jobs | Career Center on GreenBiz.com
- Finding a green job | Yahoo! Green
- Solarjobs.com - Find a Job in the Solar Industry Solarjobs.com is the leading online recruitment company for the Solar Industry. We match qualified candidates with relevant career opportunities, using advanced and secure technology.
- Sustainable Business, Green Business, Renewable Energy, Organic & Green Investing, Green Capital
- Green Jobs Network The mission of Green Jobs Network is to connect people seeking jobs that focus on environmental and social responsibility with available opportunities and resources. - Also, New York Green Jobs - New York Environmental Jobs - NY - Green Jobs Network This is a listing of resources to assist job seekers in New York (NY) who are looking for jobs or careers that focus on social or environmental responsibility.
Apollo Alliance : The Apollo Alliance is a coalition of labor, business, environmental, and community leaders working to catalyze a clean energy revolution that will put millions of Americans to work in a new generation of high-quality, green-collar jobs. Inspired by the Apollo space program, we promote investments in energy efficiency, clean power, mass transit, next-generation vehicles, and emerging technology, as well as in education and training. Working together, we will reduce carbon emissions and oil imports, spur domestic job growth, and position America to thrive in the 21st century economy.
- Greenjobs - Renewable Energy Jobs
- NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation "Employment There
are many careers available in the environmental field, and the
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation offers
exciting opportunities for qualified individuals looking to
make a difference in environmental protection and natural resource
management. This is your gateway page to explore the options
available to you to join our workforce and share in the satisfaction
of making a positive impact on our environment."
- Listing of Job Vacancies - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
- Seasonal employment with DEC http://www.dec.ny.gov/about/38596.html
- CleanTech Jobs, Renewable Energy Jobs "is the leading Internet Job Site for Employers and Candidates in the CleanTech Industry. We connect employers with experienced candidates, entry-level college graduates, and interns who are interested in CleanTech Jobs and Renewable Energy Jobs."
is a job posting and resume searching portal specializing in
the temporary and contract staffing industry. Net-Temps’ features
and services include personalized recruiters desktop, online
posting of up to 200 jobs, a resume bank of tens of thousands
of resumes, daily hot list of new candidates, and cross posting
to over 500 Internet sites.
- Craig's List Rochester, NY : craigslist: rochester, NY classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events
- Rochester Employment from the Central Library: Job Information - Monroe County (NY) Library System
- Greater Rochester Metro Chamber of Commerce: All the online resources you need to start and find business and training for Rochester, New York.
- Current Rochester city jobs: Job Listings
- Manpower Inc. – Employment services industry leader offering permanent, temporary, contract recruitment; employee assessment and selection; training; outplacement; outsourcing and consulting services.
- Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling. | Monster.com
- Green Collar Job Board - from Alternative Energy News
- Jobs : Job Search for Full and Part Time Jobs : Job Listings on Employment Guide.com
- Job Search Made Simple | Simply Hired
- Find Jobs | Full & Part Time Job Search | SnagAJob.com
- Rochester, NY Jobs and Careers - Yahoo! HotJobs
- Current Monroe County Jobs Human Resources | Monroe County, NY
- Current New York State job vacancies: State Jobs NY - Listings
- Nature Jobs: naturejobs is a new robust job search and resume database service available to job seekers that visit nature.com daily, from all over the world. All job positions on the naturejobs site are run as text-only announcements, and resumes are posted for approximately six months. The site can be accessed from the home pages of Nature and all of the monthlies plus from the nature group of college and academic publications.
- Job Opportunities: Earthjustice: Environmental Law "Job opportunities at Earthjustice, including internships, externships, and clerkships. The database can be searched by regional office or by job type."
- Yahoo.com Rochester Jobs:
- EnvironmentalCareer.com brings together leading environmental employers with the best candidates to work for a better environment. Start a career, not just a job, at EnvironmentalCareer.com!
- Career Development Services, Inc. - 1.800.736.6710 "Since 1975, Career Development Services has partnered with individuals and organizations to help them grow, change and succeed. Services include assessments, counseling and coaching for individuals; transition services to meet outplacement needs of both individuals and organizations; and a wide range of corporate consulting services to solve retention problems and address other human capital management issues. Career Development Services is chartered as a non-profit organization."
- Rochester Helpwanted.com Find great jobs in Rochester and post your resume.
- computerjobs.com New York. This site is updated hourly.
- Western New York Jobs - Buffalo and Rochester Employment listings
- Job Opportunities with NYSERDA - New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- New York State Department of Labor - New York State Department of Labor - Finger Lakes Home
- CareerZone Natural and Agricultural Sciences - from CareerZone
- Environmental Jobs .com - Saving the Planet One Job at a Time
- Green Jobs International
- GreenJobs | Environmental and renewable energy jobs in Ireland GreenJobs.ie is Ireland's first website wholly dedicated to recruitment in the green industry sector. Launched in 2008, the GreenJobs website specifically targets candidates across all areas of the Environmental and Renewable Energy market place.
- Careers in Wind Wind is one of the fastest growing sources of energy in the U.S. and abroad. As this dynamic industry expands, so does the demand for skilled professionals in a variety of areas. --from Careers in Wind
- idealist.org - Welcome to Idealist.org - Imagine. Connect. Act. Idealist is a project of Action Without Borders, a nonprofit organization founded in 1995 with offices in the United States and Argentina. Idealist is an interactive site where people and organizations can exchange resources and ideas, locate opportunities and supporters, and take steps toward building a world where all people can lead free and dignified lives.
- Career Centre - from CharityVillage Main Street
- Professional Profile | Joined.com Join networks for job seeking and career advancement Create free profiles with tools for members and employers Build relationships and source new opportunities for work
- Green Jobs Stories and Info | MNN - Mother Nature Network
- Cyber-Sierra's Natural Resources Job Search: Conservation Job posting locations and how to get the job, too! "Finding employment in natural resource occupations, ecology and environmental disciplines can be a challenging adventure. Competition is stiff, even at the entry level. Just like a wolf or a lynx, you'll need endless patience to stalk the perfect job and excellent timing to pounce at the right time. Just like the carnivoires, you may not get a second chance, so check the Newest Job Announcements first and be sure to refresh/reload your pages for the latest list. If you don't see what you want, then widen the search with the annotated links lists organized by topic. "
- Green Jobs | Green Jobs Network for A Sustainable job in Renewable Energy Green Jobs Ready is the phenomenon that happened when a team of education veterans were crossed with a group of solar and wind installers and instructors. Our team has a long track record of certification-based and degree-based education programs in various technical and health care fields. Our Solar and Wind installers and engineers have over 30 years of combined experience in renewable energy. Our obsessive attention to detail is visible in everything we do, and has made Green Jobs Ready a distinguished Solar and Wind Energy resources portal.
- AllPinkSlips.com, Premier Website for Job Searching and Employment ALLPINKSLIPS.COM is the Premier Web Site for all your job related needs. We have created a ONE-STOP-SHOP to assist in every area of the job searching hemisphere. AllPinkSlips.com has resources to save your current job, tips to find a new one, a job chat forum, job listings, interviewing advice, resume templates, information if you are laid off and SO MUCH MORE! AllPinkSlips.com brings all the functions of job searching together in one convenient and easy to use place. So welcome to AllPinkSlips.com, take a look around, and don’t forget to let us know what you think…
- City of Rochester, NY Job Listings | City of Rochester, NY Job Listings | Jobs.Oodle.com "Oodle is the fastest growing classifieds service. Pulling together and organizing millions of listings from all over the Web, Oodle is simply the best way to buy and sell through online classifieds. "
- Green Job Board - greenjobsearch.org "Find green jobs from across the web "
- Employment Opportunities in Rochester, NY - from City Guide For Rochester, New York
- Green Jobs Guide
- Green jobs, green careers, renewable energy jobs, environmental jobs, clean tech jobs : Great Green Careers "Looking for a new job in the green economy? Find the best jobs for solar energy, wind energy, sustainable building, clean tech, skilled trades, environmental health and safety, engineering, and much more! "
- People-Powered Sustainablity and Living Guide "SustainLane.com is an online community where you can connect with local people interested in living healthy lives on a green planet. Our community members post and discuss local green news, events, tips, information, coupons and jobs. They also find and write user-reviews on more than 30,000 green products and local businesses across the country. Check out our latest community posts and discussions, search for local, green business reviews, and find local events. And if you like what you see, sign up for a free user account. "
- Job Search | one search. green jobs. Grollar.com "Search millions of jobs from thousands of job sites, newspapers, associations and company career sites. "
- USAGreenJobsNow- Green Jobs/ Green Employers "USAGreenJobsNow is dedicated to furthering the development of green technologies and industry practices that will carry us into the future, by connecting great candidates to great companies. We work in collaboration with businesses, government, and green organizations to promote quality careers and opportunities in the green industry. We are striving to make our vision a reality, and we eagerly seek to serve those businesses, industries, and individuals that share in our vision. Back to Top "
- Internships, part-time and entry level jobs for college students and recent graduates - CareerRookie.com "CareerRookie.com is a division of CareerBuilder - the global leader in human capital solutions - whose online career site, CareerBuilder.com, is the largest in the U.S. with 23 million unique visitors. CareerRookie.com connects students and recent graduates seeking internships, part-time jobs and entry-level positions with the nation’s top employers. Users can also post resumes, get the latest news on companies and industries, sign up for automatic job alerts, view local career fairs and tap into advice on everything from writing resumes to on-the-job success – all from entry-level point of view. "
- Green Jobs | Simply Hired
- EE Jobs Database "EE-Link is: 5800 links organized in 300 categories, 11,000+ visitors per day. Browse or Search for resources for professional development, climate change, global warming, lesson plans, endangered species, national and international events, jobs, activities for the classroom, and more. " Welcome to NAAEE — North American Assoc. for Environmental Education
- The Free Small Business Job Board | Find Jobs. Find Talent. Bid for work. | JobCrank.com - New York Jobs | JobCrank.com
- Buffalo jobs ~ find all jobs in Buffalo, NY with one search | BuffaloJobs.org "Search thousands of new jobs in Buffalo with local companies, updated daily. "
- idealist.org"Idealist connects people, organizations, and resources to help build a world where all people can live free and dignified lives. Idealist is independent of any government, political ideology, or religious creed. Our work is guided by the common desire of our members and supporters to find practical solutions to social and environmental problems, in a spirit of generosity and mutual respect. "
- Environmental jobs ~ all jobs in Environmental with one search (USA) | AllEnvironmentalJobs.com "AllEnvironmentalJobs.com is a job search engine that finds job listings from company career pages, other job boards, newspapers and associations. With one search, we help you find the job with your name on it. "
- Green Jobs Authority --from Solar Power Authority
- Find a Job from thousands of listings with Thingamajob.com "Looking for a job? Thingamajob lists thousands of contract, temp-to-perm and direct placement jobs helping you to find a job at leading Fortune 1000 companies throughout the United States and Canada. "
- Rochester Jobs (Monroe County, New York - NY) | Juju Job Search "Juju.com is a job search engine, not a job board. Juju's comprehensive search results link to millions of jobs found on thousands employer career portals, recruiter websites, and job boards all over the Internet, rather than to a limited set of job listings hosted directly on our own site. Our goal is to make job search easier. We think that traditional online job search methods take too much time and make it difficult for job seekers to find a comprehensive set of relevant jobs, so we strive to create tools that make jobs more accessible and job search results more relevant. Juju also offers innovative pay per click recruitment advertising solutions for employers, recruiting and staffing firms, and job boards that increase quality candidate flow and lower recruiting costs. "
- Sustainability Jobs – SustainabilityJobs.org searches thousands of sustainability jobs from local companies - updated daily.
Federal Business Opportunities: FBO Web Services: Overview FedBizOpps (FBO) implemented its Web Services capability in May 2009 to further integrate the Federal acquisition environment. The FBO Web Services allows Federal agency electronic users to interact with FBO via their interfacing systems, streamlining the communications and enhancing the user experience. It enables an authorized procurement user (Buyer, Engineer, etc) operating in a native procurement system to automatically transfer solicitation data and documents from the native application to FBO without leaving the native system. FBO users should contact their Agency Administrator for questions on using or implementing a web services interface with FBO. Click here to download the technical specifications required to utilize the FBO Web Services capability.
Find the latest news an information about getting green jobs and join in discussion on green job topics.
- Green Collar Jobs: Green Collar Blog "Green Collar Blog is a resource to help people seeking jobs that focus on environmental and social responsibility. Green Collar Blog is a service of Green Jobs Network. "
- Green Job Spider Blog - The Official Blog of Green Job Spider GreenJobSpider is the only job search engine for finding jobs in the green job market. We crawl all green job boards so you don't have to.
You want to save the world, but you don’ have enough money. This is a common problem and there are grants for that.
- You want to save the world, but you don’ have enough money. This is a common problem and there are grants for that. GrowWNY.org has a wonderful webpage where they have aggregated the possible environmental grants that would pertain to the Buffalo area. Each area could do this so public agencies, entrepreneurs, environmental organizations could find the funds to clean up and monitor various environmental concerns in their area. "Grant Opportunities"
As jobs open up and online specific search engines for renewable jobs appear, I will list them.
Careers in Wind "American Wind Energy Association is the national trade association of America’s wind industry, with more than 2,300 member companies, including global leaders in wind power and energy development, wind turbine manufacturing, component and service suppliers, and the world’s largest wind power trade show. AWEA is the voice of wind energy in the U.S., promoting renewable energy to power a cleaner, stronger America. "